Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Devil



The first time I met the devil I was five years old.

One clear winter night, with new fallen snow

 he sat on the end of my bed.

 He took my small hand in his warm hands

 and we discussed the matter of my soul.

But since I was new to the world and still quit attached to my soul our conversation soon ended.

 

Time passed as time always does.

I learned right from wrong.

I learned that nothing lasts forever.

I learned that the whole world did not reside in the embrace of my mother’s arms.

 

The second time I met the devil I was seventeen years old.

One warm spring night filled with the scent of apple blossom,

He stood in my way when I was running through the streets.

 Hoping my father would not notice the late hour.

He looked at me with glowing eyes.

“You have grown well,” he said and smiled.

But since I spent my days and my nights

 discovering the desires and pleasures of my body.

 I had no interest in discussing the matter of my soul.

 

Time passed as time always does.

I discovered love and betrayal.

I learned that everything is not right or wrong.

I lost myself.

I found myself.

But I still searched with a longing in my soul.

 

The third time I met the devil I was grown up.

My life was filled of things and possessions.

I had everything I ever wished for.

But my soul was empty.

One cold rainy night he stood on my door step.

I invited him in as you do with an old friend,

I fell to my knees and begged.

 

“Please quiet all my doubts,

Please ease my soul,

Please silence the demons that ride my mind.

Make me forget the light,

The demands

And the everyday worries.

I have no desire left,

No longing,

No wish to accomplish.

Destroy my life,

Break it down,

Make the foundation crumble and fall.”

 

He reached out and took my hand,

he pulled me gently up and I buried my face in his chest.

I whispered in to his skin.

 

“Possess me!

Love me!

Rip me!

Please silence all the demons”

 

“Claw me!

Ride me!

Tear me!

Please silence all the demons.”

 

“Fill me up with madness,

Fill me up with joy.

Let me shy away from rightfulness and embrace sin as a lover.”

 

He looked into my face and smiled with delight.

 Flames burst out of his fingertips,

 as he caressed away the doubts from my mind.

 

I sold my soul to the devil.

For a promise,

Not a promise of power and grandeur.

But a promise of delightful submission, a silent mind and dark pulsating joy.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment